Our Registered Scrum Master™ (RSM) training was developed by the co-creator of Scrum, Dr. Jeff Sutherland. In our courses, instructors share insights and strategies from decades of success in launching high-performing Scrum teams in businesses worldwide.
Our courses are dynamic and highly interactive. Class participants will start by organizing into Scrum teams. You’ll participate in various games and exercises that will allow you to experience the Scrum Master role first-hand. With the help of your instructor, you and your team will create a learning backlog, prioritize it, and learn incrementally.
You’ll leave the class knowing how Scrum can accelerate any project. This training is for all levels of Scrum experience. There are no prerequisites.
Who Will Benefit?
Intended for people new to the role of Scrum Master, or people wanting to better understand the role and how it fits in an enterprise using Scrum, attendees typically include:
- Scrum Masters and aspiring Scrum Masters
- Agile Coaches, and aspiring Agile Coaches
- Project Manager, Team Leads, Team Members
- Managers and Leaders aspiring high-performing Scrum teams
- Scrum Framework, Scrum Team, Scrum Events, Scrum Artefacts
- Lean Principles
- Agile Manifesto
- Patterns of High Performing Teams
- Introduction to Scrum@Scale, and Scaling the Scrum Master
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites will help accelerate the learning.
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and Extreme Programming (XP)
- Working knowledge of software and industrial development processes
What you’ll learn
To perform the role of a Registered Scrum Master™ (RSM), attendees will learn:
- How to use the Scrum Framework to deliver products and services faster and with higher quality
- How to leverage lean principles to identify waste in a system, process, or organization
- Techniques and metrics Scrum Masters use to improve team happiness and performance
- The patterns and practices of high-performing teams
- How the Scrum Master role scales in an Agile implementation
What You Get
Class registration includes:
- Virtual collaborative activities
- Preparation and eligibility to take the Registered Scrum Master™ (RSM) exam
- Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam
- Registered Scrum Master™(RSM) Credential on successfully clearing the exam
- Eligibility to be featured in The International Registry of Agile Professionals™
Certifications expire one year from the date of certification is earned.
- Renewal fee: $50/year
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 16 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI).
- Attendees may also be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance