Our Registered Product Owner™ (RPO) training was developed by the co-creator of Scrum, Dr. Jeff Sutherland. Becoming a Registered Product Owner will prepare you for the next step in your career or help you excel in your current role.
Our experienced trainers have practical knowledge from their own work in agile transformations that they bring to the forefront of the class. Our course includes industry-specific case studies that highlight effective product ownership in different contexts, highly interactive exercises to make learning stick, and a team dedicated to your seamless learning experience before, during, and after the course.
In this course, you will learn how to assess business value, prioritize features, projects, and portfolios, as well as return real revenue with the product backlog.
Suggested Prerequisite: Registered Scrum Master training or prior knowledge of Scrum is extremely helpful.
Who Will Benefit?
Intended for people new to the role of Scrum Master, or people wanting to better understand the role and how it fits in an enterprise using Scrum, attendees typically include:
- Product Owners and aspiring Product Owners
- Agile Coaches, and aspiring Agile Coaches
- Project Manager, Team Leads, Team Members
- Managers and Leaders aspiring high-performing Scrum teams
- Scrum Framework, Scrum Team, Scrum Events, Scrum Artefacts
- Lean Principles
- Agile Manifesto
- Patterns of High Performing Teams
- Introduction to Scrum@Scale, and Scaling the Product Owner
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites will help accelerate the learning.
- Registered Scrum Master training, or
- Prior knowledge or experience of Scrum
What you’ll learn
To perform the role of a Registered Prodcut Owner™ (RPO), attendees will learn:
- How the Scrum Framework helps deliver products and services faster and with higher quality while cutting cost and improving employee happiness and job satisfaction.
- How to assess business value.
- How to consistently deliver a successful product to the marketplace.
- Techniques and metrics Scrum Product Owners use to prioritize features, projects and portfolios.
- The patterns and practices of high-performing Scrum teams
What You Get
Class registration includes:
- Virtual collaborative activities
- Preparation and eligibility to take the Registered Product Owner™ (RPO) exam
- Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam
- Registered Product Owner™(RPO) Credential on successfully clearing the exam
- Eligibility to be featured in The International Registry of Agile Professionals™
Certifications expire one year from the date of certification is earned.
- Renewal fee: $50/year
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 16 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI).
- Attendees may also be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance