This two-day course provides a comprehensive overview for understanding the DevOps skills needed to accelerate time-to-market by improving the flow of value through the Continuous Delivery Pipeline. You will map the current value stream through the delivery pipeline from idea to cash, and identify practices that will eliminate bottlenecks to flow. The course will build an understanding of the complete flow of value from Continuous Exploration to Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and Release on Demand.
Who Will Benefit?
- All members of an Agile Release Train
- Development Managers, Engineering Managers
- Configuration Managers, Release Managers
- Development Leads, Developers, UI/UX Developers
- Infrastructure Architects, System Architects
- Product Managers, Product Owners
- System Administrators, DBAs, InfoSec
- QA Managers, Testers
- Release Train Engineers, Scrum Masters
- Introducing DevOps
- Mapping your Continuous Delivery Pipeline
- Gaining alignment with Continuous Exploration
- Building quality with Continuous Integration
- Reducing time-to-market with Continuous Deployment
- Delivering Business Value with Release on Demand
- Taking action
What you’ll learn
After attending the class, attendees should be able to:
- Explain how DevOps enables strategic business objectives
- Apply a CALMR approach to DevOps to avoid automating broken processes
- Understand how successful DevOps requires continuous exploration, continuous integration, continuous deployment, and the ability to release to end-users on demand
- Incorporate continuous testing and continuous security into the delivery pipeline
- Use value-stream mapping to measure flow and identify bottlenecks in the end-to-end delivery process
- Select DevOps skills and tools strategically for the fastest, most compelling results
- Prioritize DevOps solutions and investments for greatest economic benefit
- Design and implement a multi-phased DevOps transformation plan tailored to their organization
- Work with all roles and levels in the organization to continually optimize the value stream
All are welcome to attend the course without prior knowledge.
What You Get
Class registration includes:
- Virtual collaborative activities
- Preparation and eligibility to take the exam
- One-year complimentary membership to the SAFe Studio
- SAFe DevOps Practitioner certification upon the passing of the exam
Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Certifications require renewal of SAFe® Foundational Membership one year from the certification date.
- SAFe® Foundational Membership costs $195/year + applicable tax.
- Only one renewal is required to cover all Foundational certifications.
- Provides continued access to content, course learnings, and other assets.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- You may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward your continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications
- You may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing your CSP through the Scrum Alliance