The DASA DevOps Fundamentals is the starting point for anyone involved in an Agile and/or DevOps team. Improved workflows and faster deployment start with a core understanding of DevOps fundamentals by all team members.
Like all other hyper-growth trends in the IT industry, the adoption of DevOps is not immune to potential misunderstandings and misconceptions. Besides relevant tooling and technology, DevOps predominantly entails a cultural shift towards a new mindset, behaviors, a new organization, and a new way of working.
The DevOps Fundamentals Certification is designed to provide the core education necessary to build your DevOps vocabulary and to understand its principles and practices. With the help of key DevOps concepts and terminology, real life case studies, examples and interactive group discussions and extensive exercises in each module you will acquire a fundamental understanding of DevOps.
The DASA DevOps Fundamentals program is designed to prepare professionals for working as an effective Team. During this intense, activity-based course you become familiar with the characteristics and traits of a successful DevOps Team, learn about DASA’s competence model and apply the DASA DevOps Competence Model in teams and organizations.
The DASA DevOps Fundamentals course is aimed at:
- Individuals involved in IT development, IT operations, or IT service management
- Individuals whose role are touched by DevOps and continuous delivery, such as the following IT roles:
- DevOps engineers
- Product owners
- Integration specialists
- Operations managers
- Incident and change managers
- System administrators
- Network administrators
- Business managers
- Automation architects
- Enterprise architects
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the drivers responsible for the emergence of DevOps.
- Define and discuss the key concepts and principles of DevOps
- List and explain the business benefits of DevOps and continuous delivery.
- Describe the Service Delivery process.
- Explain the concepts of test automation, infrastructure automation, and build and deployment automation.
- Describe how DevOps relates to Lean and Agile methodologies.
- Summarize case studies of IT organizations that are making the transformation to Adaptive IT and DevOps models.
- List the most common and popular DevOps tools.
- Discuss the critical success factors for DevOps implementation.
Possessing some basic knowledge of Agile, Scrum, Lean, and ITSM principle is recommended but not required for the completion of the certification.
Module 1: Course Introduction
- Let’s Get to Know Each Other
- Group Activity
- Course Overview
- Course Objectives
- Course Agenda
- Case Study: Easy Journey Airways
- Exam Details
Module 2: DevOps – The Context
- DevOps Evolution
- Business Benefits of DevOps
- DevOps Principles
- Goals and Measurements
Module 3: DevOps for Individuals
- From Roles to T-shape DevOps Profiles
- DASA Competence Model
Module 4: DevOps for Teams and Organizations
- Culture and Behavior
- Organizational Models
- Team Autonomy
- DevOps at Scale
Module 5: DevOps Practices
- Continuous Delivery and Automation
- Modern Infrastructure and Cloud
Module 6: The Next Steps
- Analyze the Current Situation
- Improve Incrementally
APMG delivers the DASA DevOps Fundamentals certification exam, and participants receive a voucher for the exam on completing the course. The certification never expires.
|Format||Closed Book (Participants can bring scratch paper)|
|Duration||60 Minutes (Additional 15 minutes for non-native English speakers)|
|# of Questions||40 Simple Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|