The Agile Product Management course harnesses the power of Design Thinking to develop innovative solutions with proven SAFe capabilities to execute on those visions. Learn the right mindset, skills, and tools to create successful products—from inception to retirement—using Agile techniques.
Recognize how Continuous Exploration fuels innovation and helps you define a vision, strategy, and roadmap to tap into new markets. Find out how to accelerate the product life cycle to get fast feedback and quickly deliver exceptional products and solutions that delight customers—all while aligning with your organization’s strategy, portfolio, evolving architecture, and solution intent.
Who Will Benefit?
Intended for people wanting to better understand the Product Manager role and how it fits in a SAFe enterprise, attendees typically include:
- Product Owners
- Product Managers
- Senior Managers & Leaders
- Agile Coaches & Trainers
- Analyzing your Role as a Product Manager in the Lean Enterprise
- Continuously Exploring Markets and Users
- Driving Strategy with Market Segmentation
- Using Empathy to Drive Design
- Defining Product Strategy and Vision
- Creating Roadmaps to Build Solutions
- Delivering Value
- Managing Value Stream Economics
- Creating Innovation in the Value Stream
The following prerequisites are highly recommended:
- Attended at least one SAFe course
- Background in Product or Solution Management
What you’ll learn
To perform the role of a SAFe Product Manager, you should be able to:
- Use Design Thinking to achieve desirable, feasible, and sustainable outcomes
- Explore market needs, segmentation, sizing and competitive landscape
- Manage value stream economics, including pricing and licensing
- Use empathy to drive design
- Apply product strategy and vision
- Develop and evolve roadmaps
- Execute and deliver value using SAFe
- Explore innovation in the value stream
What You Get
The class registration includes:
- Student workbook, and virtual collaboration activities
- Preparation and eligibility to take the exam
- One-year complimentary membership to the SAFe Studio
- Certified SAFe Agile Product Manager certification upon passing the exam
- One Certification exam attempt (re-takes at an additional fee)
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- Certified SAFe® Agile Product Manager PDF certificate
- Certified SAFe® Agile Product Manager digital badge to promote the accomplishment online
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform, which includes access to the APM Community of Practice
- Access to Slack and Meetup groups and events that provide connections to other certified SAFe professionals
- A variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
Certifications require renewal of SAFe® Advanced Membership one year from the certification date, the Advanced Membership also includes certifications from SAFe® Foundational Membership.
- SAFe® Advanced Membership costs $295/year + applicable tax.
- Only one renewal is required to cover all Foundational certifications.
- Provides continued access to content, course learnings, and other assets.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for up to 23 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through the Scrum Alliance