Participants learn to capture the current and future state of their portfolio with the Portfolio Canvas tool, and identify important business initiatives for achieving the portfolio vision. Participants also learn how to establish portfolio flow with the Portfolio Kanban and prioritize epics for maximum economic benefit. Additionally, the course provides insights on how to establish Value Stream Budgets and Lean Budget Guardrails, and how to measure the Lean portfolio performance. An additional 1-day workshop is available to help enterprise teams get started with LPM in their organization.
Who Will Benefit?
This course is designed for leaders and influencers who are responsible for the Lean Portfolio Management function.
- Executives and Leaders (CIOs, CEOs, CFOs, CTOs, and VPs)
- Portfolio Managers
- Enterprise Architects
- Product Managers and Solution Managers
- Business Owners
- Program Office Personnel
- Enterprise Agile Coaches
- SPCs and RTEs
- Agile Coaches and ScrumMasters
- Human Resources
- Introducing Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Establishing Strategy and Investment Funding
- Applying Agile Portfolio Operations
- Applying Lean Governance
- Implementing the LPM function
All are welcome to attend the course without prior knowledge. However, the following recommendations will make the training more productive:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Attended a Leading SAFe® or SAFe® PO/PM course
- Experience working in a SAFe environment
What you’ll learn
- Describe Lean Portfolio Management (LPM)
- Connect the portfolio to enterprise strategy
- Establish the Portfolio Vision
- Implement Lean Budgeting and Guardrails
- Establish flow with the Portfolio Kanban
- Support operational excellence with an Agile Program Management
- Office (PMO) and Communities of Practice (CoPs)
- Coordinate Value Streams
- Measure LPM performance
- Build a plan for LPM implementation
What You Get
Class registration includes:
- Virtual collaboration activities
- Preparation and eligibility to take the exam
- One-year complimentary membership to the SAFe Studio
- One certification exam attempt
Certifications require renewal of SAFe® Advanced Membership one year from the certification date, the Advanced Membership also includes certifications from SAFe® Foundational Membership.
- SAFe® Advanced Membership costs $295/year + applicable tax.
- Only one renewal is required to cover all Foundational certifications.
- Provides continued access to content, course learnings, and other assets.
Professional Development Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for up to 12 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through the Scrum Alliance